Electric Modulating Control Valves
Electric operated RF Valves® are supplied with all major electro-mechanical modulating actuators, such as EIM, Rotork, Limitorque, and Auma. Small electric actuated valves up to 3” ID are available with in compact designs.
Standard control packages may offer important economies versus pneumatic actuators, when the cost of accessories, installation, and maintenance is carefully evaluated for both designs.
Standard Features Of Modulating Electric Actuators Include:
- Manual hand wheel override
- Fail last position @ loss of power with self-locking worm gear
- Open/Close torque limit switches
- Local push-button control and remote actuation capability
- Direct interface with 4-20mA current and digital signals
- Phase sentry
- All connections made within central, protected control box
- 110~560VAC, Single or 3-Phase, 50~60Hz
Optional features include remote control, PLC integration and extended shafts.
Several Inherent Design Features Of Electric Control Valves
Throttling control can be obtained by either 4-20mA current or a digital signal, and offers several advantages inherent in multi-turn actuation. These include:
- Precise, incremental changes in position minimizing system bounce and overshoot
- Ability to preserve control capability with manual override with total loss of power
- Controllers not susceptible to instrument air problems associated with pneumatic or electro-pneumatic alternatives.
Design Features include:
- Industry standard face-to-face, dimensions make them interchangeable with most ball valves, plug valves, gate valves, and diaphragm valves
- Patented non-stretch elastomer tube design, providing a longer tube life and operation under vacuum conditions
- Split valve body design, combined with elastomer tubes that have no flange bolt holes, allow in-line tube change that drastically reduce maintenance time
- Stainless steel shaft, screws, pull bars and fasteners
- Exterior as well as interior corrosion resistant coating