RF SKG Slurry Knife Gate Valves
- 150 psi CWP (10 bar) pressure rating for all sizes.
- Bi-directional flow and shut-off with zero downstream leakage.
- No metal parts in contact with the flowing media when the valve is in the fully open position.
- No seat cavity for solids to build-up and prevent full gate closure.
- Field replaceable heavy duty elastomer sleeves.
- Suitable for wet or dry service.
- The yoke design consists of two yoke plates that fully encloses the gate, spindle, clevis and thrust bearing. The yoke protects these components from slurry splatter that can harden and affect the operation of the valve.
- Bellows (standard) provide additional protection for the spindle against scoring from abrasive particles.
- Open and closed indicators (standard).
- Provision for lockouts in the open and closed position (standard).
- The yoke design allows for easy mounting of proximity or limit switches and accommodates all proximity switch sizes. Proximity switches are protected by proximity switch covers to prevent damage during transport and operation.
- The top bracket is designed to accept manual, pneumatic or electric actuation for easy conversion in the field.
|Download Slurry Knife Gate Valves Brochure (PDF)
Heavy duty slurry knife gate valve shall be a flanged, bidirectional valve with a packingless design. The bore shall be formed by two heavy duty elastomer sleeves, one on either side of the gate integrally molded with a stiffener ring. This stiffener ring shall not only maintain the shape of the sleeve, but shall act as scraper while the gate is being opened. These sleeves shall be compressed between the pipe flanges once installed. The valve shall be of full port design. When in the open position the stainless steel gate shall be completely withdrawn from the flow. When the gate is withdrawn the sleeves shall compress against each other to form a continuous uninterrupted flow path. Upon closing, the gate will progressively separate the sleeves and once fully closed, will form a bubble tight seal with the up-stream sleeve. The yoke shall consist of two yoke plates that fully enclose the gate, spindle, clevis and thrust bearing to protect these components from slurry splatter. The yoke design will allow for easy mounting of proximity or limit switches. Proximity switch covers must be provided to prevent damage during transport and operation. Provision must be made for lockouts in the open and closed position. The top bracket must accept manual, pneumatic or electric actuation for easy conversion in the field.